Here is the next set of pics of the new Art Studio:
Exterior wall and window are in on the right side unit, or the south side. So studio is completely closed up now.
Photo of the window and wall from the inside looking out. Forgive the yard and the construction zone.
Started painting the floor on the left side or north side. I am really happy with the way the floor is coming out. The north half of the studio is almost done!!
Started painting the ceiling and walls of in the south side of the studio with the primer.
I really make a mess when I paint….lol. Been scraping paint off my hands, face and glasses for days. Ceilings really splatter when you paint them.
The electrician was working today on the lights, ceiling fans and outlets, this is the north side. Yeah!! Getting so excited!! I should have electricity connected soon!!!
And lights and fan on the south side. I just put a final coat of paint up where the lights and fan were going and will come back and finish the rest when all the primer is done.
I have been cleaning up the old studio up stairs, sorting stuff and getting preparing to move the work table and glass storage cabinet out to the new studio. Started taking small stuff out every trip outside, and putting it in the purple cabinets, such as beads and glass rods for bead making. I am moving out my glass band saw, glass grinder and two small table top 110 kilns. I have to clean off the work table and empty out the glass storage cabinet so I can move them out. Tons of work painting, and painting, and painting, and moving stuff, but will be so worth it when I get it done!!! The old studio upstairs inside the house will be turned into my fiber arts studio for sewing, yarn, spinning and weaving. All the glass work, fusing, bead making, torches, jewelry design will all be done outside in the new studio. I will also have room to teach classes again!!! Yeah!!!
#newartstudio #artstudio #picoftheday #instagood #instalike
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while, been quite busy building my new Art Studio. Getting so excited!!! It is getting near being finished!!! Cannot wait to actually start creating in it!! Here are some chronological pics of the past 3 months:
In May we began framing up the interior walls (above). Then came the insulation (below).
My hubby found some great bargains, he trolls all the Swap shops and CraigsList when we need something. We scored a brand new exterior door in the frame with the locks for $100 (you can see the door in the pic below sitting in the background). I needed two windows, one for each of the two front walls, found them, brand new never installed $50 each, another great score (sorry no pics of the windows yet).
By July we were putting up the interior wall boards. Joey and Bethany did the framing, the insulation, and the wall boards and ceiling in the back half of the two sections. It is an art studio, so not getting fancy. I thought about sheet rock, then I thought about all the tapeing, bedding, sanding, floating, and all the sheet rock dust, (been there, done that, with the house remodel) and I decided wall board would be much, much easier, and not as messy!! Install it, caulk the corners and seams, and paint it!!
After the wall boards went up, we brought my cabinets out of storage. My daughter-in-law’s brother, Randy, scored me these nice cabinets from a dentist office remodel, at the best price of all, they were free. I have had them in storage waiting for this studio build for about a year and a half now! By the way, hanging the ceiling boards was quite a bit of work, but we got them up. Had some great help from one of the youth from church, Thomas, and also from my grandson, Matthew and his girlfriend Em, and his best friend, Joseph. All of us hung the wall and ceiling boards in the front end of the studio.
Here is what the two halves of the studio looked like in July. The left side will have a sink and counter top under the cabinets. The right side will be for my kilns. I will have a wet side, on the left, and a hot side, on the right. My glass band saw and glass grinder have diamond bits and are water cooled to keep the diamond bits cutting efficiently. Having them near the sink will be fantastic, and will make it so much easier to fill them when needed.
In the above pic, on the right side, you can also see my brand new glass fusing kiln. We brought it out of storage too. We scored that about a year and a half ago also. It has been patiently waiting in storage for it’s new home. $3000 kiln, brand new, never fired, stole it for $1000. The gentleman bought it for his wife and she got sick and never used it. We drove to Atlanta to pick it up, but it was so worth it. The small table top kilns will be on a counter top under the cabinets.
Below you can see by August I started painting the wall boards. Here is the first coat of paint going on the walls, and the ceiling. (You can see my new sink in this pic.) Had some great help painting from Thomas, and from my granddaughter, Sarah.
More to come in the next post!!! Just wanted to share the studio progress with you so you would know what I have been up to, and why I haven’t posted much in a while.
#artstudio #interiorpainting #newartstudio #love #instagood #follow #followme #like #pickoftheday #instalike