This was a very fun project. I hand-painted new curtains for my New Art Studio. I wanted something fun and artsy for the Art Studio, so I created them.
I started with some white sheeting fabric.
Then I dug out some textile paint I had from previous projects, and brushed on some hot pink.
I went to a smaller sized paint brush and brushed on some violet, used brush strokes and some spatters, and I am liking it so far.
Next I applied teal, and then threw on a splattering of gold.
Curtain #1 of 4 drying.
I repeated the process for curtain #2, sewed the rod pockets, the hems and mounted the curtain rod on the wall and tada!!! One set of curtains done!!
Here is a close up of the painting.
I started curtain #3 for Window #2 and ran shy of paint. After several days of looking and several trips to local art supply stores, I found more paint in Sarasota. Yay!!!
Here are the completed set of curtains for Window #2, painted, rod pockets and hems sewn; and curtain rod mounted.
I am loving my new artsy curtains for my New Art Studio. I did not like being out back after dark with no curtains. It is also going to help keep it a little cooler in there for the summer too.
Loving my new studio, and loving my new artsy, hand-painted curtains. Having fun being creative.
#artstudio #newartstudio #florida #floridaartist #art #artist #awesome #christinamlee #christinamleedesigns #leeshorestudio #floridalife #followme #picoftheday #instalike #instagood #lampworkbeadartist #fiberartist #jewerlydesignartist #curtains #paint #handpainted
I thought I would show everyone my Drapes I just finished sewing for my remodeled Living Room. I had fun making them. I set up my sewing machine, cutting board and ironing board out in the New Art Studio, as I don’t have the old art studio remodeled into my fiber arts room yet. (That is another ongoing project).
Here is the fabric being cut into drapery panels.
Here is the old girl, she has been with me since 1978, my old faithful La Belle sewing machine.
Starting to sew the headers in place.
The rod pocket header tape being pined on for sewing.
Here is what the rod pocket tape looks like, just in case you have never see it before, it has little pockets for the curtain rod to pass through already made onto the tape. Speeds up the process of making drapes nicely!
Here are the first three sets of drapes hung over the windows behind the couch in the bay on the east side of the living room finished and hanging. Many thanks to my Hubby, Rick, for hanging the rods for me.
Here is what the finished headers of the drapes look like hung up on the rod.
Here is the drapes finished and hung on the window on the north side of the living room. (sorry about the light glare on the right side of the pic from the door window.)
I had some left over fabric so decided to recover the old couch pillows I had kept from off of our old couch. Rick was a bit skeptical, he wanted me to buy new pillows and just toss these, he could not envision them having new life and being upcycled. I think mostly because he hated the old couch. Lol.
Tada!!! Upcycled couch pillows recovered to match drapes! Needless to say, Hubby was very pleased with the finished pillows and the drapes.A fun project indeed. I had just enough left over fabric for the three pillows. Very pleased with my spruced up living room now, and Hubby is definitely a happy camper.
#drapes #livingroom #livingroomdrapes #pillows #couchpillows #throwpillows #sewing #sewingroom #christinamlee #christinamleedesigns #leeshorestudio #fabric #followme #art #artist #floridaartist #florida #picoftheday #instalike #instagood #floridalife #lampworkbeadartist #fiberartist #fusedglass artist